Hermes Accounting was writting by me, Tom Lee-Gough, a CIMA qualified Accountant. I've been writing Hermes since September 2018. This is a long term goal of writing my own accounting software.
Hermes is free to use, and I offer no guarantees of any kind. Any use of Hermes is at the user's own risk. This may change at some point in the future, however, for now you cannot rely on this software. I cannot stress this enough. I will not accept ANY liability for use of the software. Licence information can be found here.
Hermes is open source. You can find it on github (https://github.com/tomleegough/hermes). At the moment, I'm working on making the latest code available on github.
- Making Tax Digital
- Month End Management
- Full Nominal, Sales, and Purchase Ledgers
yyyy-mm-dd - 1.1.1
- Minor cosmetic changes
2020-01-19 - 1.1.0
- Basic MTD VAT module
- Companies House Improvements
2019-10-05 - 1.0.1
- Implemented basic settings
- Users can change the theme
- Generate default charts of accounts
- Companies House Integration
2019-08-31 - 1.0
First public release
- Manage multiple organisations
- nominals and bank accounts that are unique to organisations
- Automatic user registration and password reset processes
- Add transactions to bank accounts
- Basic dashboard